Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 31 March 2014

Janet Carsels

I've gone to the dark side and am working on two projects at once.  I know you're all laughing, but it's not my normal process.  Anyway, along with a Long Dog sampler, I started Janet Carsels this month.  Just another element in my Scottish sampler binge. 

I'm using Soie d'Alger on 40 count linen from my stash, so I don't know the color name.   I distressed it before I started, with old coffee grounds.  That's my favorite way to do it.  I can control the process better than with a liquid. 
Janet chose to add her personalization at the top of the sampler.  It's the first time I've seen this and I have to wonder why.  But I guess I'll never know. 

9 comments:

Debbie Bauer said...

This is going to be beautiful! Love all that red.

Nicola said...

Another lovely choice of sampler Tommye. I am going to enjoy following your journey on this one.

Wising you a wonderful birthday. Enjoyyour special day.

Lanie said...

Miss Janet looks like she will be fabulous ... who doesn't love red??!! I'm with you when it comes to more than one project ... I don't manage multiples well and am a bit envious of those that can ;)
Enjoy your 'Janet' ... and your Long Dog! I look forward to following your progress.

JoAnn said...

Love the way your coffee grounds made the linen look. It resembles the original Days Gone Bye Linen.

Jenny said...

Janet will be lovely! I find it difficult to work on more then one sampler at a time....I sneak in little projects... but when it comes to samplers I usually work on one at a time....I am seriously thinking of trying two as there are so many that are calling my name...:) Enjoy your day!

Vera said...

Beautiful start Tommye. Looking forward to the progress pictures. Hope you are having a fabulous birthday!!

Bethany said...

This sampler is looking great and I love what you did with the linen. It's fun to change things up and try new things...

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great start! I have Janet too so you are definitely tempting me to get her out and make a start on her.

Those reds are gorgeous!

Cindy L said...

Your linen color works wonderfully with those reds. Beautiful start. I usually work on one large project at a time but will do a few smalls in between.