Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 1 March 2014

Just a couple quick photos!

Well this morning, first, we lost internet....then, after we got that back, photobucket was down for mainenance.

Then I tried posting photos from my laptop and some worked and some didn't!

So, for anyone that is more visually-oriented and likes to see more photos than I had in my previous update on Sarah Limah, here is a couple more...my son obligingly held up the sampler for me after multiple promises that I wouldn't include him in the photo  : ) (maybe these photos will come out a little clearer.)



I have enjoyed working on Sarah this past year!  For 2014 I have MANY Scarlet Letter samplers I would love to do....(if you guys would quit posting such gorgeous pictures I might be able to make up my mind what to do first!) : ) 

however this one really caught my eye, and so I went ahead once I knew I wasn't going to finish Sarah in time for 2013 and just jumped in, with Frances Marshall:


Oops!  that's not Frances Marshall.  That is Trigger, the horse that got left behind (when our daughter Megan moved to Kentucky.  Sorry Trigger!)

HERE is Frances:

and, here is a couple photos of winter scenes to cheer everyone up (Spring is coming!  honest.  It comes every year!):

 
we live along a towpath for the old Black River Canal route.... and I am very thankful we live in a day with electric and oil heat, and don't have to heat with just fireplaces....if you can see up near the top left, that is the towpath the horses walked....
 
when you are young you don't mind snow or winter:
 
May you enjoy these last few days of winter....
 
Theresa  (PS I know the pictures of the stitching aren't that different from my previous post but, at least you get an idea of how lovely these samplers are....wish we could see everyone's stitching up close and the 'real thing!')

6 comments:

llknbillburg said...

Wow! Your Sarah is lovely and now I have to go check my stash and see if she is in there!! Your new one is equally as grand! You have wonderful taste in samplers!!

Jenny said...

Love your post Theresa! Sarah and Frances are both beautiful. I haven't done an alphabet sampler for awhile now and Sarah made me realize how much I miss them :) Oh so many samplers so little time! Love the snow and Trigger pics too!

Bethany said...

I have Frances, it was in mom's stash of samplers and she said, she would never do it, to take it this time. I just might have to start, after seeing yours.
Theresa, the snow is so beautiful, where exactly do you live.... Looking forward to more posts....

JoAnn said...

Theresa: Bethany and I are sitting at our computers and we both commented on your Sarah. She is a beautiful sampler and the best part is, you are almost done and she will soon be hanging on the wall. Please send a photo of her framed. Also, I'm almost sorry I gave the Frances Marshall pattern to Bethany. Almost, but not quite. I think this sampler is beyond my abilities.

Theresa said...

Frances Marshall is for an 'intermediate' level stitcher but most of her is just cross stitch! The people figures have outlines that look very easy to transfer.... I am sure anyone on this board can do her, especially since I have seen the work all you guys do! Far above my own level of expertise : )
But I don't mind jumping in to learn...

Nicola said...

A very enjoyable post Theresa. You live in such a beautiful area and yo are right about the snow and children.