Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 4 March 2014

MaryAnn Macdonald and Catharine Metcalf

Mom and I have been busy stitching, during my visit to Ohio.  Here is my MA Macdonald to date.

This is a close-up of the sweet little angel.  I asked mom to please stitch this so when I look at this sampler I will always remember, she is watching over me.

Here is Catharine Metcalf, mom has been stitching away on her since November 2.  While she was stitching my angel, she actually let me stitch below the house, the grass area, with the tree and sheep.


Here are a few close-ups of her sampler. 

I could have also sent pictures of all the snow while I have been here, but I think you all are pretty tired of winter by now.  Tomorrow it is back home to Florida.  I think I'll need a few days to thaw out.

I have enjoyed spending percious time with mom and will look forward to our next stitching date.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

These are lovely Bethany. I just love that you asked your mum to stitch the angel, what a lovely memory you will have.

Nicola said...

I could feel myself welling up. Your bond is so strong with each other, that is so precious and blessed.

Vera said...

What a wonderful idea Bethany! And both samplers look gorgeous. Safe travels home.

Jenny said...

Family is such a special bond and having your mom stitch your angel was a really wonderful memory to make. I felt myself tearing up....both samplers are lovely and what a joy to look at these samplers and always remember this special visit you two shared. Travel safely going home!

Serena B said...

How heartwarming to hear about you and your mom sharing this special sampler in an everlasting way! Thank you for sharing these most precious details! Simply beautiful stitching!

Lanie said...

What a special gift that you and your mom share your passion for needlework. Love that your mom stitched your angel ... and the house on 'Catharine Metcalf' is fabulous! Look forward to seeing more!

Cindy L said...

Bethany, I love to see and hear about your stitching time with your mom. You both stitch such gorgeous samplers. What a wonderful idea to have her stitch the angel to watch over you. Have a safe trip home.

Kim said...

I just loved that your Mom stitched the angel for you!! You are so lucky to have your Mom and to share your love of needlework, I can only imagine what that would be like!! I was so glad I got to see you during your visit to Ohio.
Both samplers are amazing~
Kim~