Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 9 March 2014

The Wind Blows Update

Hi All,

I can't believe it has been a month since I posted an update.  I took some pictures a couple of weeks ago but I just haven't had time to post.  First though, congratulations to all the winners.  There were so many  amazing samplers completed during Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year.  This blog has become such an inspiration to me and many more.  I am glad to see it continuing.  There are many more Scarlet Letter samplers I would love to stitch (now even more than I originally thought).  

I have made some progress on The Wind Blows so here are some pictures.

The first two pictures were taken on 2-28 after I finished the grass and the verse.  I didn't quite get the celtic area on the right completed but I wanted to take the picture while I had the chance.

 


The pics below are from today showing the section below the verse.




I am getting close now.  Hopefully it won't be much longer.

DawnM

9 comments:

Lanie said...

Your work is beautiful Dawn! This sampler looks like it would be quite fun to stitch ... hope you are enjoying!

Jenny said...

You are stitching your sampler just beautifully! I love the little birds on the sides, I never noticed them before!

Krista said...

Great progress, Dawn! Looks like a super fun stitch!

Bethany said...

Thank you for the closeups. Your camera takes wonderful photo's. Almost finished......

Theresa said...

This is just so beautiful Dawn! I have loved seeing your stitching on this!

Vera said...

Beautiful stitching Dawn. This sampler is just so fun! Another to add to the never-ending list I suppose....

Nicola said...

What wonderful progress Dawn. This is such a fun sampler and I always enjoy seeing your photos. Thank you for sharing.

Cindy L said...

Dawn, glad to see your update! I agree with everyone else that it looks like such a fun sampler to stitch....beautiful stitching.

Maria del Valle said...

I like your stitching!