Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Working on Dorothy

  After finishing AW 1662, I put Dorothy Walpole back into my rotation.  I'm not very far along with  her but I did manage to get the satin stitch alphabet in this week.  Here is my progress so far:

40 ct. Lakeside Pecan Butter
with DMC threads

  I wasn't sure I liked the coverage I was getting with the satin stitch in DMC but things look different under magnification! Just looking at it, it seems fine.




  I would like to get the over one work done before I put her down.  I have 5 things in my current rotation so I can't spend too much time working on one piece!!

Laura
For Love of the Needle

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Looks like you have quiet a bit finished. Love your choice of linen.

Lanie said...

So pretty, Laura! I love the colors against the 'Pecan' fabric. Your satin alphabet looks fantastic!

Cindy L said...

Laura, so glad to see Dorothy is back in your rotation....she is such a beauty! Hope to start her next month.

Krista said...

Looks like you have quite a bit done! Love all the pretty colors!

Vera said...

This looks beautiful Laura. Each time someone posts a picture of stitching on Dorothy I say I need to get this sampler. Once again I am saying that - lol. Your satin stitches look lovely. Will look forward to seeing your progress.

Maria del Valle said...

Hello Laura

Nice progress on 40 count, the colors are a beauty soft!!

Nicola said...

What a lovely choice of fabric and I think the coverage looks perfect on your satin stitches.