Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 5 April 2014

Coloring Inside the Lines

It's finally time to break out the crayons and color!!  I was supposed to go on a knitting retreat to the mountains of North Carolina this weekend, but I succumbed to the respiratory crud that is going around (probably due to allergies) and stayed home instead.  So, after work yesterday and again this morning,  I was able spend some quality time with my needle and thread and was able to complete the outline of PLL.


Now the fun really begins and I get to start adding color!  I can't wait to see the piece bloom - much like every tree, flower and grass outside my door is doing at present.  Spring is finally here to stay, I think.

Keep Stitching.

Sharon H


11 comments:

ilana kaye said...

Your sampler looks great in outline.... I can't wait to see the colors evolve. This is one of my favorite samplers and I know it is a lot of work , but well worth it.

Krista said...

Wonderful so far! The fun part with the coloring can begin! :) Enjoy!

llknbillburg said...

Wow! This looks fantastic! I don't think I have the patience to stitch all the outline first but what fun you have now! It truly does look like a coloring book page!! Laura

Jenny said...

This sampler always catches my eye....the coloring looks like it would be so much fun. I always did love a new box of crayons and a coloring book :)Your outlining is wonderful and it will be so much fun to watch your sampler come to life with all that color!

Bethany said...

I am sure you are happy spring has sprung not only in your neck of the woods, but also with PLL

Nicola said...

Now for the fun part. You were very good sticking to the outlining. I would have found it hard to resist starting the colouring in :o))

Lanie said...

Wow Sharon! ... PLL looks impressive even just in black & white ... ohhhh but now for the fun ... all the luscious colors!
Enjoy!

Cindy L said...

WOW! It amazes me at your patience to stitch the whole outline. I would be so tempted to add a little color along the way. What fun to add color now!

Vera said...

Hi Sharon, your PLL looks wonderful. I could never have done just the outlining first (obviously since I stitched PLL last year). You will have such fun with all the wonderful colors. Enjoy!

Erica near Chicago said...

Isn't it a relief when all of the outlines meet as they should? Enjoy the colors.

Maria del Valle said...

Hello Sharon
The time to paint is here!!
I wish you have good days for happy stitching