Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 19 April 2014

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to all of my fellow bloggers.  I hope that you are having a pleasant weekend and are enjoying the yummy Easter chocolate that I seem to find everywhere!!

It is a beautiful warm sunny day here, hopefully all of  you who have had such a cold winter are enjoying some warmth this weekend as well.

I have been busy this week stitching on my friend Ruth, I took a picture yesterday and then turned the scroll bars so i am further down her length now.



One of the pictures is a little more close up but you can see that I am quite a ways down on the verses.  Actually I have completed another line now and am doing the dividing band under the partial row that you see.    I think there is only one other row and dividing band before the start of the Irish stitching in the middle of the sampler.  So I am further along than I even realized!!  It is a beautiful sampler and I am enjoying the colors and the stitching on it.  Love the Irish Stitching on the side!!




Here are some pictures of what I have waiting in the wings.  The first picture are some samplers that I found in my stash that I didn't even know I had!!  Oh, boy am I a bad girl!!  The three on the bottom are new purchases.  I love that Flamestitch sampler, it is so beautiful and then the other two are what I have fallen in love with from the blog posts!!  Two of many, I might add.  I also have Betsy Davis and a Scottish sampler that I can't find!!  I have allotted today and tomorrow to organize (again) my stitching room so maybe by the Monday I will have found them!!!  I purchased Ann Kirby also, she is out of print but I finally found it on e-bay, she is a beautiful sampler as well and my maiden name is Kirby and my middle name is Ann, soooooo  Had to have her!!!!  Well, some day maybe all these samplers will be on my walls, I certainly hope so!! 

7 comments:

Vera said...

Happy Easter Sonja! Great progress on Ruth B. - she is such a pretty sampler, and your stitching is gorgeous. Love your stash as well!

Krista said...

Wonderful progress on Ruth, Sonja!! I wonder if Ruth, Dorothy (Walpole), and the stitcher who did A Flamestitch were all schooled together since they all have the similar bargello look.

I have also fallen for A Flamestitch, that one will be in my stash very soon I am sure!

Happy Easter!

Winderwoodfarm said...

you piece is wonderful! great job!
you are going to enjoy boscobal oak and a flame stitch...however the downfall is they are so much fun you are finished before you know it. happy easter!

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous sampler and stitching. Happy Easter, my dear.

Erica near Chicago said...

You have many hours of enjoyment ahead of you. Good luck with the organizing.

Cindy L said...

Your stitching on Ruth is so gorgeous, such pretty colors. If only we could find more time for all the samplers we have in our stash and wish list.....! A wonderful selection.

Nicola said...

You have chosen some wonderful samplers to stitch. It is such fun looking through Marsha's portfolio and treating oneself.

Miss Bachelor is looking so pretty and cheerful.

Well done on tracking down Ann Kirby.