Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 15 April 2014

SARAH HARVEY 1737

Finally ... Finally ... Finally!!!

The last stitches have been completed ... and I am very pleased to reveal my "SARAH HARVEY 1737" ...


"SARAH HARVEY 1737" adaptation
Fabric: Scarlet Letter's 40 count 'Lambswool' Linen
Fibers: AVAS silks
Completed: April 15, 2014

 

 
I am soooo pleased to have her completed ... I will admit we had our moments ... never to the point of ending our relationship ... but my, my, my there were 'moments'! I can't really even put my finger on what the troubles were ... just lots of little silly 'things' that seemed to continuously plague our relationship.
 
But as they say ... 'all's well that ends well' ... and so today Miss Sarah will be sent off  to the very talented hands of Jill Rensel and company for framing ... I am excited to see what ideas they will have for her!
 
Moving on, I am going to try to work on two projects at the same time ... we'll see how this goes ... I have always been a one-relationship-at-a-time-kind-of-gal ... but I'm in awe of those of you who have multiples in rotation ... so I'm going to give it a try!
 
I have started 'MARY BAILEY 1818' (I'll share the progress in my next post) and have just ordered the needed silks for 'THE HUNTSMAN'. Not sure if I'll put them on a schedule or just pick up and stitch whoever I'm feeling at the moment ... for now I'm seeing how it goes!
 
So that's about it from my little corner of the world! Thank you for continuing to share all your beautiful stitching ... as always, you all are such a great inspiration! ... I love starting my day with a cup of coffee and The SL Blogs!
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lanie
 
 

17 comments:

Theresa said...

BEATUFIUL! Congratulations, Lanie! Those colors are very like the ones in the Sarah Limah sampler I did!
You must be so excited to have this done! it is gorgeous!

Erica near Chicago said...

Very nice! I love the birds.

Winderwoodfarm said...

your birds are so wonderful!
you stitch so well.....

Vera said...

Oh Lanie - this is just so beautiful. Those birds are wonderful! Love them. Both your new projects should be fun stitches -- looking forward to your progress posts.

Jenny said...

Congratulations Lanie! Sarah is absolutely beautiful! Her colors are really striking and those birds....they have always made me smile! I too have always been a one-at-a-time sampler person but after I finish Margaret I am also attempting to stitch two...we will see...Looking forward to seeing your progress pics on both samplers as well as Sarah framed!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! This is absolutely stunning!

Kim Hummel said...

Like Theresa said, the colors are very much like Sarah Limah. Congratulations on the finish.

Tommye said...

Happy Dance!! Congrats on a beautiful finish.

Krista said...

Amazing finish!!! Congratulations!

Cindy L said...

Lanie, congratulations on your beautiful finish! I had to look this sampler up after you started and brought it " to life". I can't wait to see what Jill does with the framing.

Jonette said...

Beautiful! Happy stitching!

Nicola said...

STUNNING. You must be soooo pleased with Sarah. I wish we had a Jill in the UK, her framing is amazing.

Please post a photo of Sarah framed.

Brilliant choices for your next projects.

Debbie Bauer said...

Your Sarah is beautiful! !! Love those birds!! Can't wait to see her framed.

Rachel F said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! What fun to be beginning two new projects.
Your pictures are wonderful-great for seeing the details and your perfect stitches.

Stitch Wizard said...

Sarah is really beautiful and I just love those two birds on the bottom. I am excited you are starting Mary Bailey too. I am going to post soon on my progress. I have so enjoyed stitching on Mary and I know you will as well!

Sharon H said...

Beautiful! Congratulations!

Bethany said...

Absolutely stunning. Looking forward to seeing her framed. Exciting to see what comes next, have fun deciding.