Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 28 April 2014

Sarah Limah finish

 Completed Sarah Limah 1748
AVAS silk, linen from kit, 40 ct




Lots of color changes on the lettering, but it was great fun
 Fun working the satin stitching, I put the piece into a hoop so that the stitches would have a smoother appearance
 I believe the eyelet stitch band of crowns is my favorite part of the sampler.
 More eyelets
 And more eyelets
 
 I thought that this band was going to be my favorite part of the sampler.  It is the most distinct feature of the Norwich samplers, but it was repetitive.  The roses in the middle part are interesting in that they are all a bit different

So happy to have this one finished. 
Now back to Ellenor Wycks and the stitch-a-long (until I get distracted by something else).

Kim Hummel
Portland, Oregon

16 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Beautiful!

Theresa said...

Oh I am so happy to see this... this gives me confidence to pick up my Sarah and finish her!

(I was so frustrated trying to get those rows of satin stitching right....ripped them out three times, and finally put it aside
to finish somedtime when I knew I had the 'oomph' to pick it up again....

now I see yours and I know I had the right idea and now I can do it!)

Yours is GORGEOUS! Congratulations!

Chris said...

Beautiful finish!!

Lanie said...

Very pretty, Kim! When I browse the SL website, this sampler always draws me in. Must add her to my wish list ... I think she'll make a nice companion to my Sarah Harvey.
Beautiful stitching ... Congratulations!

Debbie Bauer said...

Beautifully done!, Sarah is a gorgeous sampler.

Nicola said...

Bravo Kim on a superb finish. You have brought Sarah to life for us. She is such an appealing sampler and one that I had not appreciated before.

She is on my to buy list now.

Elizabeth said...

A beautiful finish Kim. Really inspiring.

Krista said...

A gorgeous finish!! So colorful, I love it!

Bethany said...

Super finish Kim. Thank you for the close ups, you really did some lovely stitching on Sarah and your color choices were great.

Erica near Chicago said...

Very beautiful. It is so colorful. Cngratulations on the finish.

Vera said...

Beautiful finish Kim - congratulations! I love the crowns. And the colors are all so appealing. I may need to add this one to the ever expanding wish list!!

Jenny said...

I love Sarah! Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

Cindy L said...

Congratulations...gorgeous finish!

Scarlet Letter said...

Harvey and Limah are an excellent pairing. This sampler is understated and elegant. I'm so happy that you finished it and posted it. It is often overlooked because of its seeming simplicity.

DawnM said...

What a beautiful sampler Kim. Congratulations!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish.
This is such a lovely, simple sampler. Brings a smile to my face.