Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 17 April 2014

Janet Carsels

You know you're stitching a Scottish sampler when there are so many embellishments on the alphabet that you don't recognize the letters!  I love all the various styles of alphabets in Janet Carsels...except the eyelet one.  I've never been a big fan of eyelet alphabets, but so far, this one isn't driving me completely crazy. 

I've never figured out why they changed colors in the middle of a word.
Can you imagine marking your linens with that illuminated alphabet!?  It's almost like hieroglyphics.
I'm ready to move on to the motifs now. 

8 comments:

Winderwoodfarm said...


the colours are awesome, your stitching wonderful, makes me happy i oredered the kit last monday. it will need to wait for a finish before i can start it.
i cannot wait to see your next update!

Kim Hummel said...

So pretty. I love love love Scottish samplers. I have this one started. I may have to get it back out and work on it soon.

llknbillburg said...

I love illuminated letters!! And although they can be a pain, the end result is so worth it!! Laura

Scarlet Letter said...

Regarding a color change in mid-word, I suspect it was just a change in dye lot. When the silk was first dyed it might have appeared to be the same shade of green, but over time it faded differently perhaps because the mordants used could not be consistent.

Terry N said...

You've made a lot of progress on the sampler, Tommye, and it is beautiful. It's also my next Scarlet Letter project -- just as soon as I'm done with Elizabeth Sheffield. Your pictures are just the inspiration I need to stitch faster!

Theresa said...

So nice to see the close-up pictures! Love the reds and greens. I enjoyed
doing eyelets, for some reason! It got fun after a while : )

Vera said...

This is so pretty Tommye and your stitching is gorgeous! Looking forward to your progress pictures.

Erica near Chicago said...

You've made good progress. I love the filigree letters.