Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 8 May 2014

MARY BAILEY & THE HUNTSMAN

A very lovely Spring day 'hello' to everyone!

I have been busy stitching on my 'MARY BAILEY' and 'THE HUNTSMAN' although I realize I have been negligent in sharing ... I fell into a habit of thinking I'll just finish this little section and then I'll post some photos ... well, then you know what happens ... so today I am sharing before stitching!

'MARY BAILEY 1818'
Linen: 40 ct. 'Lambswool' from The Scarlet Letter
Fibers: AVAS silks

 

Love this bearded gent ... there are several like him scattered throughout ...

 
I am changing the verse to one I found several years ago and have been saving for just the perfect sampler ... I think Miss Mary is that one. I am stitching 'Mary' in honor of my grandmother ... she was quite a lady. She taught me to stitch and even though she died 22 years ago, I still feel her with me. She would have celebrated her 100th birthday last month. The verse I'm using pretty much sums up how she lived her life. I miss her very much but am blessed to have had the honor of being her granddaughter.
 
I just have a bit of the over one verse started. I am a little anxious about the placement since this is my first attempt at graphing a completely different verse. I hope I won't have any unpicking to do ...
 
 
 

'MARY' is a delight to stitch. I have made some color changes ... replaced some of the yellows/bright golds with shades of green; switched some of the tree trunks to a dark brown. And I'm thinking of changing the floral border too, but haven't made a final decision on that yet.

I've also put a wee bit of stitching in on 'THE HUNTSMAN' ... I've been an admirer of his from the first time I saw him. His design is not too large ... about 15 x 11 on 40ct ... but he is solid stitching so he'll be with me for a good amount of time!
'THE HUNTSMAN'
Linen: 40 ct. "Lambswool' from The Scarlet Letter
Fibers: AVAS silks as charted
 I love the bright blue sky ...

So that's about all from me. As always, I am grateful for our little group of fabulous stitchers. Thank you for sharing your talents.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lanie

 

12 comments:

Dee said...

I love how the bricks are outlined. So cute!

I just did my first reworking of letters on a sampler. It worked out just fine. I'm sure yours will work out too.

Happy stitching!

Kaisievic said...

Lanie, love your stitching, Mary Bailey is looking awesome.

Margaret said...

Love both pieces! Sigh..... Fantastic!

Jenny said...

Both samplers are looking lovely, Lanie! I have reworked lettering on samplers before and so far the frogs have stayed away...I hope it will be the same for you....I am sure yours will be brilliant!

Stitch Wizard said...

Love your progress on Mary Bailey and it will be fun seeing your own personalizations on it as well. I need to get back to mine too but I have several going. Love the Huntsman too. It is beautiful and I hope to do that one too sometime as it is in my stash. You are making really beautiful progress on both of these!

Debbie Bauer said...

Both samplers are gorgeous. Love that bearded guy. Can't wait to see your personalization.

Bethany said...

Two very lovely samplers. I can't wait to see each one come to life. I guess we'll all have to wait for your verse to spring to life. Your grandmother must have been very dear, as most grandmother's are.

Erica near Chicago said...

Two fabulous projects. I look forward to seeing the verse.

Cindy L said...

Lanie, both are such beautiful samplers. This will be such a lovely tribute to your grandmother.

Vera said...

Lanie, your stitching is gorgeous. Love the way you will personalize Mary -- can't wait to see the final product!!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely samplers Lanie. I am looking forward to seeing how you personalise the sampler in honour of you grandmother.

Serena B said...

Oh dear,more temptation! Your stitching is simply wonderful,loving your choices of samplers and seeing your progress! For now,I'll have to simply enjoy your Mary as she is in my sampler wish list,lol!