Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 4 May 2014

More Curliques

I finally got to the motif part of Janet Carsels.  I had to make a couple of color adjustments because the chosen colors just didn't look right.  It could be that the DMC to AVS conversion wasn't accurate or more likely, the colors/dye lots themselves have changed.  That seems to happen a lot.  I had three different dye lots for one of the colors I switched to and the best match was the oldest one.
These illuminated alphabets take a lot more focus, and therefore, time than you might think.  Especially when they aren't necessarily symmetrical.  A little froggie told me that. 

8 comments:

Stitch Wizard said...

This is really beautiful Tommye and you are stitchng so fast too. Love it!

Dee said...

I've never seen a sampler with such detailed letters. They are truly beautiful.

Jenny said...

This sampler is just lovely! Those letters are incredible...beautiful job!

Bethany said...

Love the colors in this. Your sampler is going very quickly, I find letter and words usually do stitch up faster, or so it seems.

Elizabeth said...

The lettering is stunning - must be fun to do.

Nicola said...

EXQUISITE !!!! You always choose such wonderful samplers to stitch Tommye.

Theresa Born said...

I just love those colors....how pretty this is and your stitching looks perfect!

Erica near Chicago said...

Absolutely lovely. I too love the colors.