Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 3 May 2014

Progression

Firstly, thank you so much too all the like minded ladies who have commented on my posts so far on my progress with Ann Lawle. It is humbling to think of so many fabulous stitchers who contribute to this blog complimenting my efforts. It sure is encouraging.

The week I finished the cutwork band on Ann Lawle. I must say that I really enjoyed this bit and the result is just fabulous. Look forward in the future to doing some of the more complex samplers I have with this technique. It was a good one to begin with in learning this technique, for me anyway.


I made a start on band two which is a combination of back stitch, counted satin stitch and double running stitch. It's actually quite taxing setting the first one up and getting all the counting sorted. I decided I would get just one quadrant sorted before I put in all the back stitching for the diamond outlines just to make sure that all my ducks were in a row and not scattered all over the pond. Duck shooting season started here today in NZ and so didn't want them to get all out of kilter and fly away, too risky!!!



I think I got it right but it is not easy to tell. There is no close up photo with the pattern and the pattern is hand drawn lines on a graph. It still looks good so I will go with it.

 


Happy stitching and enjoy your weekend

Rae

14 comments:

Dee said...

Holy moly ....that is AWESOME! You do beautiful work.

Ali said...

This is just amazing! I couldn't do this sort of needlework way out my comfort zone but I do enjoy looking at it.

Serena B said...

Very beautiful,how brave you are,your doing such a beautiful piece! I look forward to seeing more of your stunning stitching!

Krista said...

REally, Really amazing!! I even want to try which is saying a lot! :)

Winderwoodfarm said...

i am very impressed! your work is totally awesome! i cannot wait to see the rest of this band!

Sallyfr said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful close-up photos of your work, I, for one, really appreciate them.

Bethany said...

I agree, thank you for the lovely close up photo's. We can really see you lovely stitching. You are doing such a beautiful job with this, not to worry. It will come together and what a stunning piece you will have when finished.

Theresa said...

How lovely this is! It looks like a Zweigart linen, what color is it? Love the white on that linen. Your stitching is so beautiful and it's very encouraging (to stitchers like myself), watching your zeal to dive right into something new, and to see how this is going so well!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Beautiful work!
Thanks for the detailed images.
Looking forward to your progress.

Debbie Bauer said...

Stunning!! You truly inspire my to yet again attempt something new! Thank you for the detailed photos. I would also appreciate knowing what linen (color & ct.)you are using. Looking forward to your next post .

Tommye said...

Fabulous!! Aren't you glad you took the plunge?

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Well done.

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Well done.

Nicola said...

Congratulations on the filet work, it is perfect and a wonderful technique to master. I have really enjoyed seeing this section develop and look forward to the next panel.