Firstly, thank you so much too all the like minded ladies who have commented on my posts so far on my progress with Ann Lawle. It is humbling to think of so many fabulous stitchers who contribute to this blog complimenting my efforts. It sure is encouraging.
The week I finished the cutwork band on Ann Lawle. I must say that I really enjoyed this bit and the result is just fabulous. Look forward in the future to doing some of the more complex samplers I have with this technique. It was a good one to begin with in learning this technique, for me anyway.
I made a start on band two which is a combination of back stitch, counted satin stitch and double running stitch. It's actually quite taxing setting the first one up and getting all the counting sorted. I decided I would get just one quadrant sorted before I put in all the back stitching for the diamond outlines just to make sure that all my ducks were in a row and not scattered all over the pond. Duck shooting season started here today in NZ and so didn't want them to get all out of kilter and fly away, too risky!!!
I think I got it right but it is not easy to tell. There is no close up photo with the pattern and the pattern is hand drawn lines on a graph. It still looks good so I will go with it.
Happy stitching and enjoy your weekend