Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 2 May 2014

Quick update on Frances Marshall

Hi folks!  Just a few quick pictures today for an update on where I am with Frances Marshall...  really enjoying the colors in this one!

here they are:




I have made a LOT of progress on the tree!





I have posted a few photos of the snow in our area and decided it's time to post something pretty!  The kids took this sunset picture of our backyard:


and (just for a small distraction), here is my son Kevin who turned ten on his birthday.  You can see a couple of his siblings in the background and Grandpa Dave who is 90:


Next I do the outlines of Adam and Eve and some stem stitching (new to me!) to fill in...this is how I am feeling about that: (I am probably violating all kinds of copyrights by posting this picture of poor old Horton... if they put me in jail I will make sure to bring my stitching with me and at least have a few SL finishes!  : )


Happy Stitching!
Theresa

9 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL Theresa! I just love your posts! Horton sums it all up perfectly....I feel that way with new stitches too!
Frances is looking lovely, you have made great progress! The colors are really wonderful....I love that rose and the tree....ahhh sigh another sampler to add to my wish list :) Happy Stitching!

Debbie Bauer said...

LOL Theresa! I really enjoy the family pictures and the one of Horton! Can I join you in jail - I need more stitching time. Do you think they will let me bring my sewing machine so I can do some quilting too?
Frances is a beautiful sampler. The rose is gorgeous!

samplerlover said...

Your Francis is looking really lovely. It's one in my stitching basket.

Krista said...

Wonderful progress, Theresa! Love that tree! I was just looking at a tutorial on youtube about the stem stitch after seeing Nicola's start on Ruthy. It looks like a fun stitch!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TebgWq9AqyY

Bethany said...

I have Francis. My mom had it in her stash and she said she would never do it as the charts didn't match up in so many places, she thought it would be too hard to figure the placement. Are you finding this in your sampler chart and if you are, how are you deciding your placement when stitching. I probably will stitch this sampler, it would be nice to know.

Theresa said...

Hi Bethany, so far I haven't run across any discrepancies, but I am only 1/3 of the way through....
I saw a model on the plum street sampler blog (under "Stitching" category, page 10), and I thought it was so pretty I had to stitch it! I bet your mom could do it... most of it is cross stitch.
Thanks for the tutorial link, Krista!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Theresa, you are a stitch!
I think we have all felt like Horton on one occasion or another.

Your work is beautiful!

Nicola said...

I adore your posts and your introduction to Horton. Barbara is right we have all felt like him on occasions but with the support of friends we have the confidence to venture into new territory.

Your sampler is so beautiful. There is so much much that appeals with her.

Serena B said...

What a beautiful sampler,what wonderful progress! Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely stitching!