Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 4 May 2014

Ruthy Rogers and Stem Stitching


Here is my first attempt at stem stitching on Ruthy.  I am finally feeling I am getting it and like the way it looks.  I just couldn't resist trying it and it really will open up new projects for me to try.  I have wanted to learn to do this for awhile and this SAL has been the perfect time.  I just love this project so much too and the colors are gorgeous in it.  Everyone is doing such a beautiful job and this is really quite enjoyable.  Pardon the shade and sun showing on the photos as I wanted to take them outside and decided to just let the shade and sunshine show up on these.  

10 comments:

Dee said...

Very pretty. I love the little acorn!

They SHOULD be photographed outside. It's trees, and birdies, a leaves --- all outside stuff. ;-)

Have a great week.

samplerlover said...

It's looking lovely Debby. Love your bird.

Winderwoodfarm said...

awesome job so far! i will post mine monday morning. this is a fun stitch, it is not to late for others to join!

Jenny said...

Beautiful job so far! That bird is wonderful.

Lanie said...

Looking fantastic, Debby! You kinda get hooked on stem stitch, don't you?!! I love the look it gives to a piece.
Enjoy!

Bethany said...

You all are doing wonderful stitching on Ruthy. It is fun to she her being stitched from the bottom and the top, let's us all know what is to come...... Your stem looks so fluffy and nice, especially with black thread, you can't even see you linen. Great job.

Debbie Bauer said...

You are doing an awesome job stitching on Ruthy! Your linen coverage is great. The stem stitch really is fun isn't it?

Nicola said...

Your stem stitch is perfect Debby. The dappled sun light is exactly what you would expect in an orchard :o))

Theresa Born said...

Great job on the stem stitching! You almost tempt me to start Ruthy too....if I weren't drowning in SL WIPS, I would dive in! your stitching is so pretty.

Cindy L said...

Ruthy is looking so lovely! Such beautiful colors.