Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 1 May 2014

Ruthy Rogers has Begun

Here is my start on Ruthy Rogers in our SAL.  I am loving this and wanted to get some borders up so I have some guidelines for doing a few other things on this.  Lots of leaves and strawberries that make it real pretty but I too think I will try my hand at a few more specialty stitches like the stem stitch.  I have done several practice runs with this stitch and am about ready to try it here.  I think I will stitch a bit more of the border first though.  So far, everyone who has posted has really inspired me as it is such a pretty project and Nicola and Debbie, I really like your starts too.  I look forward to seeing more participants stitching this as we all work together stitching Ruthy Rogers.

7 comments:

Debbie Bauer said...

Ruthy is looking sooo nice Debby. It really is a fun stitch isn't it! You and Niicola have inspired me to give some of the stem stitch a try also.

Chris said...

Gorgeous start!

Winderwoodfarm said...

i am almost ready to post my start, just part of the boarder so far, i plan on stitching the way marsha has ruthy charted. this is a fun project!

Vera said...

Beautiful start! Looking forward to progress reports.

Bethany said...

It looks like most of you are up and running on Ruthy. Looking forward to seeing everyone progress.

Lanie said...

Another wonderful start ... your stitching looks perfect, Debby!
Enjoy Miss Ruthy and please post lots of pictures! :)

samplerlover said...

Wonderful start Debby. She is looking lovely. I love your first rose bud on the border.