Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 11 May 2014

Two Bands

Ann Lawle now has two completed bands. Number two went swimmingly once I got into the swing of it. It is real pretty and I  like the contrast between the two bands of the white and off white on the 35ct hand dyed linen  supplied in the kit from Scarlet Letter. Don't know anything more about the linen type sorry for those who asked. Maybe someone else does?


The lace effect of the design is most pleasing to the eye don't you think?


It's Mother's Day here in NZ and I am off to spend it just how I like....stitching of course....

9 comments:

Marlene said...

Your white work is lovely. I love the contrast also. The upper lacy part is a type I've been wanting to try. I did purchase a sampler with a portion of it like that. One day I'll try it.

Elizabeth said...

This is beautiful. I love the contrast between the two bands.

Krista said...

The whitework is very pretty and striking!

Peggy H. said...

I love doing the pulled/drawn thread work. It is easy, fun, and goes really fast. Your piece is beautiful.

Bethany said...

It's Mother's Day in the US, as well. I think I'll do the same, head off to my stitching chair. Thank you for your update and the close up photo's.

Fiona said...

Your Ann looks stunning, great progress.

Debbie Bauer said...

Beautiful! Mothers Day here in Canada also it I don't get to stitch! My family has plans to spoil me! Visit the flower nurseries then out to supper.

Erica near Chicago said...

Very beautiful.

Cindy L said...

I love seeing your whitework progress!