Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 19 May 2014

Update on Ruth Bacheler




Here is the progress on Ruth Bacheler.  She went into the cupboard for several days while I finished another sampler that was in my rotation, but she came out of hiding this weekend.  Love this stitch band that I am doing now!!  I finished this section in the middle last night and then the diamonds are repeated on the other side of it.

I am actually over half finished with her now, she is on a scroll so you can't see the whole thing but she is still a beauty!!

My sister-in-law and I will be in Cambridge in a couple of weeks and we are going to the Fitzwilliam Museum and will be seeing her along with several other samplers.  One of them is Ellenor Wycks which I also have in my stash!!  So I am so excited about seeing them.

That's it for a quick update, I LOVE this venue for all the beautiful samplers, keep it up fellow needleworkers!!

9 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous progress, I love those diamonds.

Please let us all know how you get on at the Fitzwilliam Museum as we would like to arrange a visit there next year.

Vera said...

Beautiful stitching. Loving this one. What fun to go to the Fitzwilliam Museum -- enjoy!!

Bethany said...

Wow enjoy your visit. It is great being able to see an original sampler that you will be working on or have worked. Thanks for sharing

Faye said...

I have this sampler in my basket kitted... I'm intimidated by the band you're working on... Perhaps I'll take another look....

Theresa said...

Wow Sonja, this is so pretty! The white stitching really offsets the reds and greens....your stitching is perfect too!
Love it.

Erica near Chicago said...

Very nice. I love the action shots of work in progress. You make the band look a bit less intimidating.

Elizabeth said...

This is lovely. Enjoy your visit to the museum.

Nicola said...

Beautiful stitching Sonja, thank you for sharing it with us.

Enjoy your visit to the Fitzwilliam. If you are allowed to take photos I would love to see some of Ellenor.

Cindy L said...

Such beautiful stitching and colors. Enjoy your visit.