Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 16 June 2014

Back from Vacation

Hello everyone! 

I did not get a lot of stitching done this month, but will show you a photo as a reminder of what I am working on.  I hope to post an updated photo once I take some more pictures (after we finish cleaning the camper and catching up laundry!) later this week!  Frances Marshall is a lovely sampler and I can't wait to get my hands stitching again!



May and early June were busy months for us....lots to catch up on.  Although I didn't have the health challenges some of you are facing (and my heart goes out to you), we had a full month.

My husband and I celebrated thirty years together on our anniversary in May.  With Spring so late this year, we finally got our (huge) garden in!  Our daughter graduated from four year college and our son earned two Associates degrees.   We said goodbye to Lucky, our beloved pet of 15 years:

and we took a road trip to Kentucky to see my daughter who lives there.


We toured lots of museums!  Kentucky's history is so interesting.  Here is one sampler in the history museum (we were allowed to take photos in some places):

Kentucky women were very innovative and used what they had.  They made all their own clothing on the frontier: (can you imagine the time it took to just thread this loom!)


(I thought I took a photo of some of the fibers they hand-dyed but so far haven't found it.  If I come across it I will post it later!)

We saw the cabin where Abraham Lincoln's parents were married. 





It is easy to see which parent Abraham looked like!  Were you able to read the part that said that Nancy Lincoln was an accomplished needlewoman?

It was very inspiring to read about the courage of those who have gone before us and their creativity.  I am very inspired also by reading the posts on this blog!  What a gift to live in a time when we can see the work being done by needleworkers who live across the ocean  : )

I hope that all of you are keeping well and enjoying this lovely weather, and having some time to work on our shared love of stitching!
Theresa

8 comments:

Krista said...

I am so sorry to hear about Lucky. Your Frances sampler is looking so pretty, love that tree and rose. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!

Nicola Parkman said...

I am also very sorry to hear about Lucky. Pets are so much part of a family and are greatly loved and missed.

Frances is beautiful and your posts are always so interesting.

Winderwoodfarm said...

a vacation and visitung museums sounds like fun to me! sounds like you had a wonderful time, i am happy for you!!! seeing what our ansesters stitched must insire you to pick p the needle

Debbie Bauer said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Thank you for sharing. So sorry to hear about Lucky.
Frances is gorgeous, such a beautiful sampler!

Bethany said...

Your sampler is coming along nicely. I can't wait to see this one finished. My husband and I celebrated thirty years as well this past April. Where does the time go. Thank you for your wonderful post. I know my mother will be very interested in the part regarding Abraham, he is one of her favorite president's.

Erica near Chicago said...

You are making progress. Thanks for the update. I'm sure Lucky will be missed. My condolences.

Cindy L said...

Sounds like an interesting vacation. Frances is progressing nicely. I look forward to more photos. Sorry to hear about Lucky.

Elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear your news about Lucky. It must be a sad time for you.

I enjoyed reading about your vacation.

Frances is lovely and coming along beautifully.