Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 29 June 2014

Catharine Metcalf

This isn't my finish, but I thought you all might like to see my mom's finished and framed Catharine Metcalf.  It's another Scarlet Letter that maybe some of you make like to tackle.  I think this sure is a beautiful sampler.  The light green tree coming out of the house, is all bullion stitches.  I can't wait to see it in person.   Seeing a photo of a finished piece, reminds us of how many different samplers, Marsha has to offer. 
  I am sorry this photo has the flash in it, but my brother took it inside the house.  I like to take mom's samplers outside and place them in the bright sun and then no flash is needed.

I have been trying to stitch on my Mary Ann Macdonald and have just started the bottom scene.  I have to place all the cross stitches first before adding all the special stitches.  So, right now the house is starting to grow.  I will take a photo, before the holiday weekend here in the United States. That will give me a couple of days to maybe finish the house or at least be close to finished.

11 comments:

Krista said...

What a wonderful finish for your Mom! Thank you for sharing! What a charming sampler. I of course went to see more info at the Scarlet Letter website. There are some detailed photos there and the bullion stitch looks so interesting and textured! Love all the trees and A&E too. Look forward to seeing your progress as well.

Alison Machin said...

This is an exquisite piece-beautiful. It takes me back to school days when we sang 'When I survey...' to a tune different from the usual one known-always in my memory. This will be a wonderful heirloom! Best wishes Alison

http://farmhousetraditions.blogspot.co.uk/

Jenny said...

This has always been a favorite sampler of mine...one to stitch in the future! Your Mom's is just beautiful! She does such exquisite stitching...as does her daughter....:)

samplerlover said...

I agree with Jenny, both you and your Mum do beautiful samplers. This one is lovely and it's on my
to do list.

Elizabeth said...

This is a beauty. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Erica near Chicago said...

Impressive work. Please thank your mother for sharing the photo.

Theresa said...

This is a lovely sampler! I have been eyeing Catherine Metcalf for some time now. Thanks for the inspiration!

Nicola said...

Thank you for sharing your Mom's finish. I feel very blessed to see her work, she is a legend and one of my stitching icons.

Serena B said...

What a wonderful way to showcase your Mom's beautiful sampler,how inspiring.

Cindy L said...

Bethany, how fortunate to be able to share your love of stitching with your mother. You both have such a beautiful collection of samplers. You are both very inspirational!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

JoAnn your Catherine is exquisite!

She is one of my all-time favorites.