Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 8 June 2014

Legless On A Sunday Afternoon....

I have been busy beavering away in the evenings for the past two weeks on my Anne Lawle. It is winter here now and the perfect season to achieve so much more stitching in the evenings with the shorter days. In fact the shortest day is only a mere two weeks away but the weather still feels like Autumn. It has been a most mild turn of events so far this season.


The alphabet band was pretty easy going being cross stitch and montenegrin but then I hit a go slow comming into the next border with the lady and the gentleman. The gentleman is up first and he is S.L.O.W going....tent over one....takes forevever. I outlined him first to make it easier for me to fill in the tent stitch areas. There is a lot of creative licence to be bandied about due to interpretation of the rather ambiguous instructions. Lucky I think I know for the most part what I am doing. But you certainly wouldn't confuse this with the original as it sure ain't no exact replica....it's my Raewyn Anne (Anne's my middle name)....


Take a look at where I got to....


....oops this photo's a little blurry but you get the gist...his hair's in stem stitch....my version of it that is!!!


I like the detached button hole cuffs but I did munt the collar a bit....it looks better in reality than this photo suggests. I did two wraps for his french knot eyes but I think I might extract them and just do one wrap as they seem a bit heavy....and his chin stitch is disappearing....need to sort that....


The hat was finished off last night....the leggings and boots are started....

Rae

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Such beautiful stitching Rae. I love your chap - he is looking very distinguished.

Krista said...

Beautiful progress. I can see why the fellow has taken some time, lots of great detail!

Winderwoodfarm said...


Your Anne Lawe is looking very nice! I think you see your differences but most people will not. Anne looks very nice!
We are into our summer and the heat. I stitch in the house with the air going!
great stitching, cannot wait to see more!

Bethany said...

Thank you for the wonderful close ups. I love to be able to view these types of samplers close up, to see the fascinating stitches. You are doing a wonderful job and I am looking forward to seeing both of these people come to life.

Jenny said...

Beautiful job! I love this fellow.....he has great personality and is coming along nicely.

Erica near Chicago said...

Wonderful progress! Thank you for the photos. I'm learning a lot by following your work. He'll be on his feet before you know it.

Debbie Bauer said...

Wow! Beautiful stitching Rae! Really appreciate the close ups.

Nicola said...

Wonderful stitching. I do enjoy your posts.

Cindy L said...

Beautiful stitching. I also enjoy your progress photos. It has been a very interesting sampler to follow.

Mary Banks said...

amazing work.....legless means something else here in dublin, Ireland !