Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 7 July 2014

ELIZ. COX 1838

Hello everyone! Happy July!

I have had a little change in direction with my stitching ... and it's all because of the influence of Nicola (*wink*wink*)   :)

I have joined Nicola in stitching Eliz. Cox ... oh such a pretty sampler! ... and oh so far out of my comfort zone!!! But Nicola's beautiful progress has been a great inspiration.

We started about the second week in June and I am not nearly as far along as Nicola, but here is my progress ...

 
 
I have been studying Mary Corbet's videos on long and short "needlepainting" stitches. This center flower I have outlined will be my first attempt ...


... slightly nervous, but ready to jump in and give it a try! Wish me luck!!!

I am stitching Eliz. alongside a 'Mirabilia' design for my daughter. She recently graduated from college, and has started her first job as a broadcast meteorologist. I just added a post to my personal blog documenting my progress on that project. If you are interested, you can find it HERE.

Also since the last time we chatted, my 'Sarah Harvey' has returned from the very talented Jill Rensel.


 
I love the molding ... and I love the way Miss Sarah looks all dressed up!
 
Hope everyone is enjoying the summer.
 
Until next time ...
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lanie
 


11 comments:

Krista said...

Fantastic work, Lanie!! Eliz. Cox look like a challenging piece but you are doing awesome! Love your Sarah Harvey, the frame is gorgeous!

llknbillburg said...

You are so brave!! Those types of pieces are WAY too far out of my comfort zone. I need things to be counted, not 'just make it look pretty'! Good for you for taking up the challenge and I look forward to seeing your progress. Laura

samplerlover said...

You will really enjoy working on Elizabeth. Personally, I thought that the middle section was the hardest section. You will enjoy working on the bottom section.

samplerlover said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany said...

Wow, what a post. Thank you for sharing your Elizabeth and to stitch this with Nicola is great. You will always have her to help you, because she seems to work so quickly once she starts a sampler. Sarah is lovely and the frame choice is beautiful and truly makes the sampler look old.

Winderwoodfarm said...

you did a wonderful job withyour daughter! completeing college, her first job within her field, awesome!
your choice of frames is wonderful! i can never deside...
e. cox looks good, one stitch at a time...you will get her done.

Erica near Chicago said...

Sarah Harvey looks wonderful in her frame. Congratulations.

Theresa said...

How beautiful these are! Love Sarah H. and love Elizabeth Cox!
My daughter graduated also this May so I know how wonderful that feels.
Congratulations on both the stitching and your daughter's new job!

Vera said...

Elizabeth Cox looks like it should be a lot of fun Lanie -- I am sure you will do a beautiful job. Sarah looks wonderful -- great choice for the frame. And, congratulations to your daughter - how awesome that she landed a job so quickly in her field.

Cindy L said...

Lanie, a beautiful start, such lovely colors. Congratulation's on your daughter's graduation and Sarah's beautiful framing.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Lanie, all your works are incredible. Gorgeous!