Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Hello

Hello everyone,

It has been so long since I posted. At the end of Nicola's SL year, I needed to work on some other projects, plan a family vacation and had long work hours. Life has been busy for all of us. I did start and finish The Bird Sampler:


Stitched on 36 count Navy Bean with one strand DMC. The geese on the bottom do not show well in the photo and I am thinking of outlining them. I worked on this while deciding what to buy with the gift certificate I won at the end of the year. My list kept changing and after making many lists, I ordered:


Thank you again for the gift certificate to Nicola, Ray and Marsha.  I joined Nicola's journey last year because I had a number of SL samplers to stitch. Although I was able to complete about  8 of them, I have added so many more to my list!

I usually stitch one sampler at a time but if it is large or involved I might stitch something smaller or easier along with it. I started Nancy Nurse because I had a piece of that beautiful green material and the DMC while I awaited the silks for Dorothy Walpole. It has taken me longer than I thought and was afraid if I stopped I'd never go back to it. I am so happy to see my satin diamonds will match up and hope to finish this in one good stitching day and than start on Dorothy.


I hope everyone is having a good summer!
Cindy L

5 comments:

Vera said...

Excellent stash enhancement Cindy!! Love your bird sampler and Nancy Nurse is really pretty - can't wait to see the finish.

Lanie said...

Your Bird Sampler is charming ... congratulations on the finish. And almost there on the sweet 'Nancy Nurse'. You chose great samplers to add to your inventory ... they will keep you busy for a little while.

Elizabeth said...

Nancy is lovely. Looking forward to seeing your progress with your other choices.

Theresa said...

Your bird sampler is so pretty! Hope sometime we can see a photo of it framed, it will be set off so nicely.
Your charts look great too.

EvalinaMaria said...

Both pieces are lovely. Congrats on the finish and an awesome stash enhancement.