Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 10 July 2014

Still Plugging Away....

Hello Friends,

Although it has been awhile since I have posted, I assure you that I've been trying my hardest to finish the beautiful Elizabeth Sheffield.


As you can see, I have made quite a bit of progress in the last few months.  And there is not much to finish.  However....


...the hardest part for me is the over-one stitching.  It is very time consuming and at times, it seems like I'll never get all of the plants and creatures filled in with tiny stitches!

I have to keep reminding myself what I've already accomplished:



And, just for a small added incentive to keep stitching away, I've already purchased my next Scarlet Letter project:  Janet Carsels.

9 comments:

Bethany said...

I understand the over one. It doesn't seem like much is getting finished, but just keep moving, ES is looking wonderful the colors and the detail is great

Jenny said...

Over one seems like forever for me too....but the results are amazing! Your Elizabeth is simply beautiful and hurray the end is in sight. I will be looking forward to seeing your finish! A Happy Dance is in the not too distant future :)

Margotatau said...

You are almost there. Elizabeth is such a pretty sampler. Love the birds. What a great sense of achievement you will have when she is gracing your wall.

Lanie said...

'Elizabeth' is a gorgeous sampler and your stitching is beautiful! Ahhh the over one stitching .... it can be oh so tedious but oh such lovely results. Enjoy your remaining time with Miss Elizabeth ... we will all look forward to your "finished" post!

Winderwoodfarm said...

your work is wonderful! you are in the home stretch, keep going and you will be starting janet carsels before you know it.
i must one of a few, i enjoy over one and look forward to stitching a entire piece over one.

Vera said...

Your stitching is so beautiful Terry. And...you really are almost done! I agree that over one can sometimes seem to take FOREVER, but the final result is so worth it! Keep plugging away, it won't be long now!

Cindy L said...

Elizabeth is such a beautiful sampler and one of my favorites. Your doing beautifully and that over one will be so worth it when done.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Over one can be daunting. I look at it as all things being relative.
It is all about the journey.
Your journey is almost complete and is gorgeous!

Serena B said...

Beautiful sampler,beautiful stitching! Thank You for sharing your wonderful progress,looking forward to seeing your stitching journey.