Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Elizabeth Sheffield - Home at Last

At last, after 13 months of stitching, the beautiful Elizabeth Sheffield is completed and framed!




I am so amazed at how incredible the finished and framed piece looks.  Initially I was attracted to the bright colors of the pattern.  But after working on this for so long, I've come to appreciate the original design and subtle elements that make this sampler so unique.


Because of the overwhelming amount of "over-one" stitching, there were many times that I put the piece away in favor of something a little easier.  But knowing that you wonderful Scarlet Letter Years participants were watching, I would work on it after a short respite.  I even changed it up just a bit to make it my own.


Yes, that's a flower pot in the window.

So, thank you all for your past compliments and encouragement following my earlier posts.  I plan to keep up with this wonderful group and have chosen "Janet Carsels" as my next Scarlet Letter sampler!

11 comments:

Krista said...

Wow!! Elizabeth looks gorgeous! What a beautiful sampler. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing your Janet Carsels progress. That is another of my faves and in my to-do pile too!

Jenny said...

Your Elizabeth is just beautiful! Congratulations on an outstanding finish! Love the flower pot in the window! This is another one of my favorite samplers.....will be looking forward to your updates on Janet!

Bethany said...

Glad you didn't give up, she sure it a beauty. We all are looking forward to seeing your next start.

Theresa said...

So pretty and how wonderful to have it framed too! all that over one, wow! Love the colors in this sampler. Congratulations on your finish!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Way to preserve--you have an heirloom sampler--she's beautiful

Lanie said...

Congratulations Terry! ... your 'Elizabeth' is absolutely beautiful! ... she is quite an accomplishment! ... well done! Looking forward to following your progress on Miss Janet.

Aileen said...

A beautiful finish-congratulations!
I adore your flowerpot in the window-it is a wonderful touch!
So clever! :) Enjoy!

Cheryl Matzker said...

Wow Terry, You did a beautiful job on her. I can only imagine how happy you are to have her back.

Cindy L said...

Terry, congratulations on your beautiful finish. Elizabeth is still one of my favorite samplers and I enjoy seeing everyone's finish.

Joanne O'H said...

Terry, what a lovely finish! And thank you for the close up photos. It is great to be able to see so much detail.

Nicola said...

Breathtakingly beautiful Terry. You must be so pleased with Elizabeth.

Thank you for sharing with us.