Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Mary Ann Macdonald

It has been a while since my last post.  I thought I had better show you where I am at, with my sampler.  After seeing everyone else add things personal to their samplers, I decided to add our cat "Cindy".  Mind you, I gave her tail fur, which at the moment she doesn't have.  John has been traveling and she isn't quite happy about this, so she has taken it out on herself by removing her fur. I did my best to make Cindy look good, but it's a little difficult when making her only about an inch square. 

Thank you all for the wonderful Birthday Wishes.  I plan on enjoying my day, getting in a little stitching, visiting with my German adopted daughter, Isabell and having a wonderful dinner of Sushi. 



9 comments:

Scarlet Letter said...

Cindy looks beautiful!
Every year I choose a "theme" for naming lambs. One year it was popes and saints (Hadrian, Sixtus, Theresa, Clement, etc). Another year it was flowers (had some trouble naming the boys after flowers), another year it was fish- Tuna, Blenny, Chum, and wouldn't you know there was a Sushi. So your last comment made me chuckle, since I know Sushi did not end up in a Japanese restaurant on a platter of seaweed!

Winderwoodfarm said...

I like your idea of including your kittie, a little imortality for a beloved pet is great!
Cannot wait to see your finish, this looks so nice. Happy stitching! B0b

Krista said...

Wonderful stitching! Love how you added your kitty cat too! Enjoy your special birthday sushi dinner!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Cindy looks wonderful on your sampler. You could make a video of John talking to Cindy and play it for her when he is traveling.

Elizabeth said...

It is lovely to see Cindy included in your sampler - a really nice touch.

Lanie said...

Beautiful work on your 'Mary Ann' ... love how you stitched Cindy! Hope you enjoyed your birthday ... sounds like you had a day full of fun!

Cindy L said...

Mary Ann is looking wonderful! I love the personal touch.

Vera said...

Poor Cindy missing her guy! She looks great on your sampler and hopefully she will get over her fur biting soon!! Great progress on Mary Ann.

Nicola said...

Your stitching is exquisite Bethany. I like to add personal touches to samplers and incorporating a beloved pet is a nice way of making your sampler special and meaningful.

Thank you for sharing.