Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 9 August 2014

Summertime with Frances Marshall

Well it's been such a long time since I've posted!  I am still stitching though.  I have been enjoying the summer with our huge garden (we are having beets, green beans, yellow and green squash and red potatoes almost every night with dinner!)  This has been a great summer for us so far, with no drought, plenty of rain and a huge vegetable yield.


I had a great birthday in August and, just because they are so pretty, here is a photo of some roses my husband brought home (what a shock!  he stopped picking flowers by the side of the road when someone honked at him.... so, it has been some time since he brought me flowers and these were much appreciated   : )



Some of my stitching has been on other projects, so my Scarlett Letter current project is progressing at a slower pace.  However, every time I pick it up again I tell myself "why don't I just stitch this Frances Marshall and put everything else aside?"  It is so enjoyable for me.

I have made a lot of progress since the early days of stitching Frances Marshall:



I started outlining the figures of the serpent, angel Michael, and Adam and Eve.  Also have been filling in the grass section, which though it takes time, makes for good stitching while watching "Jeopardy" re-runs (and usually getting the answers wrong), or BBC tv programs!
A close-up:





Here is where I am at present.  I have found that doing the outlining is not at all as difficult as I had first imagined!  Soon I will be filling in with stem stitch!


I do hope all of you are having a lovely summer and finding some time, maybe during vacation if you are fortunate enough to have one, to stitch on your favorite Scarlett Letter sampler! 
Theresa

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Theresa, Your Frances is coming along just beautifully! I have always loved this sampler and am enjoying watching you stitch her. Your outlining looks awesome...oh what fun it will be to fill it in. Your roses from your husband are lovely....I love the color! Enjoy your weekend!

Bethany said...

Lovely roses and my favorite color. What a special husband you have. Wow, you have been moving along on your sampler. I have this one in either, my stash or my mothers, but other sampler seem to move me away from Frances. You doing a wonderful job stitching her.

Lanie said...

Wonderful work on your 'Frances', Theresa ... she is a lovely sampler ... enjoy! Happy to hear that you had a nice birthday ... your roses are a beautiful color!

Elizabeth said...

Frances is looking really stunning. Enjoy colouring in.

Vera said...

Frances looks fabulous! You've made really nice progress (especially considering garden chores and the like...easy to get pulled away during the summer, isn't it?). Looking forward to seeing a progress photo with your stem stitching.

Cindy L said...

Your Frances is such a beautiful sampler! Your roses are such a lovely color.

Nicola said...

Summer certainly brings lots of chores that pull us away from our stitching.

Frances is a very beautiful sampler, one which I had not fully appreciated before your started to stitch her.

Thank you for bringing her to life for me. Looking forward to your next post.