Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Finished....in more ways than one :(




So........Ruth Bacheler is finished.  And there is a story.  This was an OMG moment for sure. I was tempted to open the above bottle and consume the contents, but I paused and went to my next favorite thing below.  If you have never had shortbread with some lemon curd slopped over the top then I am sorry for you, it cures a lot of problems.  And to goes without saying there must be a cup of good tea beside it.  

Here is the story, in my excitement to start this gorgeous sampler, I put too much fabric at the top.  I normally stitch in hand, but as you see, I put this one on roller bars.  Therein is my mistake, I rolled too much at the beginning and have 3 inches at the top and only one inch at the bottom.  I don't think I have ever screwed this up before.  At least not to this extent.  Well, I will be MUCH more careful in future.  I would frame it close to the stitching anyway and my framer is fantastic so hopefully she will make it good.  So, word of warning, you all probably know this, but when the kit says 2 inches is all you have, believe it!!!

Another word of wisdom, when the instructions say pay attention to the instructions, believe that too!!! But she is worth every bit of the irritation, I am in love with her!

13 comments:

Krista said...

Your sampler is a true beauty!! Congratulations!!

Jenny said...

Your Ruth is just lovely. Congratulations on a great finish!

llknbillburg said...

A beautiful finish that make me eager to start my own! Laura

Nicola said...

I never tire of seeing Ruth. She is such a happy sampler. Well done on a superb finish.

Your shortbread and lemon curd look delicious but after the panic of "do I have enough fabric" I think a stiff drink would have been very tempting.

donnacrafts said...

Wow you really came close to not having enough linen!! Glad it all worked out. The wine, lemon curd and tea look wonderful. Sometimes I see lemon curd at a local store and I am tempted to buy. Now I will.

Jonette said...

Beautiful! Happy Stitching!

Winderwoodfarm said...

awesome stitchinch on your beautiful piece! your famer has enough linen to frame her for you not to worry. worse than haveing littlr left, my local needlewoek store did the math wrong and i ended up being 4 inches short. i had started one and a half in down from the top. the bottom is now missing a few rows, that was a not a happy time, but i learned alot and i now do my own math.
happy stitching! bob

Winderwoodfarm said...

awesome stitchinch on your beautiful piece! your famer has enough linen to frame her for you not to worry. worse than haveing littlr left, my local needlewoek store did the math wrong and i ended up being 4 inches short. i had started one and a half in down from the top. the bottom is now missing a few rows, that was a not a happy time, but i learned alot and i now do my own math.
happy stitching! bob

sallyfr said...

I have followed your piece of work all the way through and so pleased you have successfully finished it.

Please post a picture of it when it is framed.

Vera said...

Yikes! That is close, but I'm sure your framer will be able to make it work. Your finish is gorgeous! I definitely would have gone into the wine - lol.

Bethany said...

My mother loved this one piece of linen so she chose it for her last sampler, the same thing happened to her, not the three inches at the top, but only a inch at the bottom. Her framer was able to block and frame it with out any problem. Ruth is sure a beauty.

Karoline said...

Ruth is gorgeous, congratulations

Serena B said...

Congratulations! What a real beauty of a sampler,your stitching is wonderful! Thank you for sharing the drama too,I will keep your linen tips embedded in my memory bank!