Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 13 September 2014

Margaret's progress~

Greetings my sampler stitching friends~!

I'm getting to know sweet Margaret the more I move along with her sampler~~~ no doubt she was a nature girl... Free spirited by being outside a lot... Her love of flowers, birds & animals are apparent in the motifs she chose in her stitching.... I'm thinking her teachers or friends initials were chosen for the center vine scroll.....

image

I look at a couple of my first grade students and envision Margaret... Being close in age, I think of her as a student with her sampler assignment..... Was she a little rough and tomboyish....?... Or was she dainty and precise???? I think as I go along stitching her beautiful worke, I'll be able to get to know her even more~

Enjoy this glorious day~

Faye


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad Air

10 comments:

Winderwoodfarm said...

i have tried to email you but they bounce back. i need to ask you about doing some finishing for me. my email is winderwoodfarm@gmail.com
my program will not work when i used your contact on cartolina stitcher blog.
your start looks wonderful!
thanks! bob

Jenny said...

Beautiful start Faye! I love that butterfly :) I wondered a lot about Margaret as I was stitching her as well...but I do that with all my samplers...lol....Margaret was special though,maybe because she was so young? It will be so much fun to watch you stitch her! Enjoy your day.

Krista said...

Beautiful, Faye! Love all the butterflies on this one!

Faye said...

Hi Winderwood Farm.... Hmmmm, not sure why you can't email me... But, I just emailed you so you'll have npmy email address..... Look forward to hearing from you!!!

Bethany said...

Great start and moving along nicely.

Aileen said...

A gorgeous choice of sampler Faye-THAT blue! I too love the 'connection' of thinking about the original stitcher-very humbling and powerful at the same time.

Really loved reading your interview. Thank-you (and Krista) for sharing so much. It was a joy both to read and view your snaps.

Best wishes...

Debbie Bauer said...

Faye, I enjoyed your interview so much! Margaret is a must do on my list also. I love the colors!

Vera said...


Beautiful start Faye. That butterfly - oh my, what a blue!

Serena B said...

How wonderful to see you are stitching this beauty of a sampler!
Yes, that is a stunning shade of blue that you are using!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Beautiful start and I will just repeat what everyone else has said about loving the blue. ☺