Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 18 September 2014

New Start

I know it isn't much but this is the corner of my new start, Janet Burnet June 1830.  It is a Scottish Sampler and it only was published a couple of years ago I think.  The chart is great because it is in pages that you can copy and make notations, lines, counts, etc. on without messing up the whole chart.  Lots of very pretty colors, I am using AVAS in the called for colors and a 35 count linen that I overdyed with coffee, my own brand of "espresso". LOL

Ruth Bacheler is not back from the framers, I will post her when I get her back, all was well with the border!!

8 comments:

Krista said...

Lovely start, Sonja!! Pretty colors in this one!

Winderwoodfarm said...

very nice start! I look forward to seeing more as you progress....

Nicola Parkman said...

The group are in for a nice treat seeing you stitch Janet. A great choice of sampler

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Delightful start!
Love Scottish samplers.

Vera said...

Beautiful colors and gorgeous start. Looking forward to your progress pictures. So glad your border on RB worked out ok!!

Bethany said...

We are all looking forward to seeing Ruth grow into the beautiful sampler, she is. Love that you decided to over dye the linen with your espresso.

Serena B said...

Great start, the colours are so pretty and love your linen choice!

sallyfr said...

Another delightful one to follow. Great start.