Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Quick Start!


This past weekend I started my second Scarlet Letter sampler: 
             "Janet Carsels 1787"

This beautiful Scottish sampler is stitched primarily in red and green silk, and features beautiful alphabets, including several HUGE illuminated letters.


I am working on 40 count Vintage Light Examplar from Lakeside Linen and using Au ver a Soie / Soie d'Alger threads.  

And I have a feeling that this sampler won't take as long as my last (Elizabeth Sheffield).

Hope you have some time to stitch today, too.

7 comments:

Krista said...

So pretty!! I have this one in my stash too. Perhaps it will be my next one. Love all the illuminated letters.

Jenny said...

This is such a beautiful sampler and you have a great start on her! Looking forward to seeing your progress....

Faye said...

Great progress on your start of a gorgeous sampler!

Vera said...

Fabulous start on a gorgeous sampler. I, too, love those Illuminated Letters. Enjoy the stitching!!

Nicola said...

A great choice, a stunning sampler that will be a great addition to your wall

Bethany said...

Great choice and one that I haven't seen anyone stitch yet. Looking forward to see so much more.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

So pretty. Lovely work.
You will be finished in no time at all!