Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Sarah Siddall1818 A Quaker Sampler

Hello everyone,

I wish to thank Nicola and Jo for the invitation to join the blog. I love looking at all the beautiful samplers and do enjoy watching the progress being made. It is inspiring and keeps me motivated and I need that. I, like all of you, keep thinking what sampler do I want to do next? I'm not decisive as there're so many I would like to do. I will have to live to be 150 and then some to get them done. I found this sampler in my stash last April/May after being invited to join the blog. I wanted to see if I could still stitch on 40 ct. linen. I was working at that time and I tried to stitch on the weekends and in the evenings as time allowed. I have since retired from work and plan to spend more time stitching. I have numerous samplers in my stash but I keep finding new patterns that I would like to stitch!
An overall picture of my progress 

    Top center medallion

 I changed the name to my granddaughter's name 
       as recommended in instructions.
The center left motifs
 Upper left motif

    Upper right motif

11 comments:

llknbillburg said...

Such a beautiful sampler and you are doing a wonderful job on it!! Hope you will find more time to work on it now and look forward to seeing your future progress. Laura

Krista said...

Welcome to the group Jackie! Your sampler is gorgeous! I love all the pretty colors and flowers. So nice that you personalized it too.

Jenny said...

Hi Jackie,
It's nice to have you join us! Your Sarah is really beautiful. The colors are stunning....I love the center medallion and your personalization!

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome to the the group Jackie. Sarah is looking so pretty, it will be a joy to follow your progress.

Stitching is a lovely pastime and will fill your retirement with countless hours of enjoyment.

donnacrafts said...

Welcome to the group Jackie. Sarah S. is a beautiful sampler and you are doing a lovely job on it. I completed this sampler about 1.5 years ago and had it framed. I must say that when I catch a glimpse of it each day, I admire it more and more. Enjoy...

Jonette said...

Beautiful! Congratulations on your retirement. happy Stitching!

sallyfr said...

Join the happy world of the retirees.

Your completed finish makes me want this chart!!!!

Vera said...

Welcome to the group! I'm positive you will enjoy being part of our clan!! Gorgeous stitching and I, too, like the way your have personalized this one. Looking forward to seeing more progress pictures. And, happy retirement!

Bethany said...

I am glad to see we have another wonderful stitcher on board. Welcome and we look forward to seeing your lovely stitching. Sarah is sure a beautiful sampler, the colors are great.

Rachel F said...

Marvelous to see your beautiful work! Love your colors.

Serena B said...

Welcome! Your sampler is so lovely,thank you for sharing your beautiful stitching.