Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 6 October 2014

Is Summer really over? : )

It has been quite a while since I have posted!  our summer kind of flew by...and we went on vacation at the very end of it!  I did very little stitching while on vacation. 
We went to Cape Cod:






It was gorgeous!  our campsite was spacious:



However sometimes travel can be tedious:


and you do what you can to make life interesting.






We went to a 19th century village museum and the doctor's home had a few samplers on the wall...here is one:





Summer passed and there were other things that filled our days; garden harvesting (lots of rain this year and a huge yield)!  Jesse made his sister this lovely wooden box for her birthday:



(I am going to put that on my Christmas wish list!) and the boys had a serious golf tournament out back:






(Checking out the competition:)


Annie tried not to get Butterscotch in the way of the game as she led her in to be milked
:

well, folks, that is my life... the seasons go by, here we are well into Fall already! School has started...kids are back at work and school, and life is busy.  Stitching is a huge joy to me as my busy family and country life goes back into getting ready for (hopefully) the quiet winter days...

and like the Pringles commercials (you overseas folk won't know this one.  "No one can eat just one!") NO ONE (including me) can stitch just one (Scarlett Letter sampler)!  Here is my start on Hanna Katerina, a gorgeous sampler.  My next post will be coming up soon (I hope) with updates of my previous stitching but for today wanted to leave you with this.  I am so excited about this sampler! Marsha keeps churning them out (don't you just LOVE all the new samplers she's charted?) and I keep running (and panting) and running (and panting) to keep up with my needle:



Hope you are enjoying your Fall and looking forward to whatever time you can fit in to stitch! (I hope this post has not been too picture heavy, I apologize in advance! just showing you a glimpse of my life : )







5 comments:

Krista said...

Lovely pics Theresa! Cape Cod is so nice. It has been a long while since I have been there. Love the new stitching start! I still have to decide what my next SL project will be!

Jenny said...

Love your pictures Theresa! It looks like the bear had a great vacation too :) I love the sampler that you saw in the doctor's house and your new start on Hanna is great. I am still deciding on a new start...so many choices...grins...

Debbie Bauer said...

Love that you shared with us! I also enjoyed that picture of the sampler in the Dr's house.

Nicola said...

I very enjoyable post Teresa. A family golf tournament is a VERY serious thing.

Bethany said...

Looks like you were able to at least get some stitching in.