Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 9 October 2014

Mary Ann Macdonald..........

  I have been with mom, one week today.  The first few days, we were busy, visiting with friends, going to Stitchery Showcase at Stan Hywett and then an Apple Butter stirring and let me tell you, it was so cold outside, it was spitting ice.......  We survived and I have some Apple Butter to take back to Florida.

Mom and I have taken the last few days and stitched, I think I stitched a lot more, but I was on a mission.  Mom called our framer, Bonnie, to ask if she had time for us on Saturday.  From that moment on, I didn't stop and the last stitch went in today.  It was a lot of fun finishing up Mary, she had so many different stitches.  I changed a few things, but I don't think it hurts the sampler.  I added "My Scarlet Letter Year" and both my name as well as Mom's, as she stitched the Angel.  

The weather today is cloudy, so the photo's are not the best.  If the sun comes out before I leave, I will take a few more.  For now, these will have to do.






I'll bet you can't guess what my next sampler will be?
HINT.......
It comes out the end of October...
 

14 comments:

samplerlover said...

Oh Bethany, she is so beautiful. Love her. Love how your Mum stichef the angel. Makes her very special - Sandra.

Nicola Parkman said...

Oh Bethany - this is truly exquisite. BREATHTAKING!!! It is extra special with JoAnn having stitched the angel.

Thank you - I feel so inspired.

Jenny said...

Mary Ann is absolutely stunning, Bethany! Congratulations on a beautiful finish! I have always loved the idea that your Mom stitched the angel... I love everything about this sampler....looking forward to seeing this framed, it will be a wonderful addition to your sampler collection. Anxiously awaiting your next start :)

Krista said...

Wow, Wow, Wow! What a beautiful finish, Bethany! And even more special that your Mom stitched on it too. Love that.

Jackie Podboy said...

Bethany,

This is beautiful!! It is all the more meaningful that your Mom stitched the angel! It looks like another sampler that I will have to order! I already have enough to last my lifetime and I keep finding more that I want to own. I will have to wait until I recover from my most recent order. All the new samplers are spectacular. I also ordered the Eleanor Parr sampler. You asked me where Parkman Ohio was. Your Mom must live near me. I live about 1 hr. from Stan Hywet. Parkman is just about 35 miles southeast of Cleveland. I usually go to the Stitchery showcase but I missed it this year.


Margaret said...

Such a lovely sampler, Bethany! I'm so glad she is done and with the framers. I hope you and your mom have a lovely time together.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Bethany and JoAnn this sampler is exquisite. I especially love the angel (she kind of looks like me).

Thank you for all the joy you bring us.

Jackie Podboy - when I lived in Painesville, OH, I would travel through Parkman all the time to get to the Ohio Turnpike. Lovely area.

Brenda in WI said...

Could it be Eleanor Parr? Your MacDonald is gorgeous.

Lanie said...

Oh my Bethany! ... your 'Mary Ann' is beautiful ... and how wonderful to have a little bit of your mom included! Congratulations on another fantastic finish!

Theresa said...

Beautiful! And I have so enjoyed seeing your stitching on your photobucket page! how inspiring!!!

Woolwoman said...

Beautiful finish Beth! Glad you had a great time with joAnn, I am still waiting for her to come to Florida . Glad your beauty is at the framers. melody

Serena B said...

So beautiful,Congratulations on your finish,it truly is such a treasure...a very special sampler!

Erica near Chicago said...

Wonderful! I love the angel and the sheep and the way you've personalized it.

Debbie Bauer said...

Absolutely stunning Bethany! Your stitching is always impeccable!!