Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 3 October 2014

Ruthy Rogers udate

It has been a while and I desided it was time for a update on my Ruthy Rogers.  This is so relaxing and enjoyable it will be sad in a way to finish her. But then I can start another so that is excieting! I am about to start the flowers at the bottom then fill in the darker green background, so excieting!

I have been stitching away on Ruthy every night untill i am crosseyed. I hate to put her down! I would do another with the stem filling stitch because it is a easy stich even if it is time consumming. Thank you for letting me share! Bob

10 comments:

JoAnn said...

Bob,

I am using mom's computer and I didn't want to sign in differently. So, this is from Bethany and not JoAnn. I just love the way Ruthy is coming. I am working all stem stitch at the bottom of my MaryAnn Macdonald. I just love how relaxing the stitch is, I so agree. It won't be long and you'll be finishing her. Will you pick another sampler, with a lot of the stem stitchs? I am hoping Marsha get's Nicola's sampler finished, so I can start that one. The only thing is, there is only a small portion with Stem, the rest is all cross. Love seeing your progress.

Nicola said...

Ruhy is looking so good Bob. I am hooked on stem sitch, it is such a soothing stitch to sew.

Theresa said...

Wow! lots of progress and the colors are so great in this one! not sure I could do this but maybe someday...

samplerlover said...

Bob, Ruthy is looking wonderful. Isn't stem stitch wonderful. Elizabeth Cox has a lot of it and so does Rebecca Cullin, two beautiful SL samplers that I have hanging in my home.

Krista said...

Fantastic progress, Bob! Your Ruthy is beautiful!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Gorgeous work Bob. You will be finished in no time.
I enjoy the stem stitch as well. So relaxing.

sallyfr said...

Thank you Bob for updating us all with your progress on this one, it is a strong favorite of mine. It is looking very, very good.

Jenny said...

Ruthy is looking just lovely!

Serena B said...

How wonderful to see Ruthy,Bob! It is nice to see your post,it won't be long and you will be finished,enjoy the journey! You chose a lovely linen,beautiful stitching!

Debbie Bauer said...

Ruthy is looking beautiful Bob. You have made great progress.