Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 11 December 2014

Manifesto Update

Well is has been two weeks since I started stitching the Manifesto. This was purchased from the Sccarlet Letter in kit form with 40 count linen..... but, I had to order a second piece because i had a brain cramp with putting the linen on the frame.  My frame is 36 in wide and the linen was just a little to big and had to be cut down. Remember the old rule measure twice cut once? well....I did that....telling myself the finished piece is 30 inches wide and cut the linen at 30 inches, OPPS! Needless to say the piece of linen is being saved for another day. Also in the kit was the silk. I have stitched several hours a day far from the goal i wanted of 3 inches by one inch per day. I have to say that I am enjoying this piece, taking a small section and only looking at that as a goal. I do not look at the Manifesto as a whole because it may become to over whelming to continue stitching. By breaking this into small goals I feel good to get stitched the sun and background. Next will be to finish the sun and stitch the clouds and shy background. I will deside after that because I will not look any further until I get that far. I imagine it will be a day or two after Christmas before I post my next progress, wish me luck! May everyone have a very  good and peaceful holiday!! Bob

8 comments:

Bethany said...

Bob,

You are doing a fantastic job stitching. What a wonderful way to do it, taking small sections at one time. I remember doing Rising Doves and thinking wow, this is a lot of over one. Manifesto is even larger, what an accomplishment.

Erica near Chicago said...

Lovely. This will be such an impressive piece.

Patricia said...

Boy is this ever going to be amazing. It's looking really great so far.

Serena B said...

Bob, a very inspirational post! I like how you have made a way to stitch this massive sampler in a happy and productive way!
Lovely stitching,I will look forward to seeing your updates.

I have also started Manifesto awhile ago,but am frogging it to restart. I did over two with two DMC on 40ct. I do not like how it looks,so will try over two with one thread instead.

Lisa said...

I like the way you are approaching this sampler! I would not do it any other way! Start in the corner and work east and south! I wouldn't be able to handle outlining the entire piece first and then going back to fill in. Like the idea of some outlining and some filling in. Good way to catch any errors (if there are any!). Love the colors. Can't wait to follow your progress.

Debbie Bauer said...

Bob what a great idea taking a small section and only looking at that as a goal. It will be exciting to follow your progress!

Vera said...

Love your approach Bob and your stitching is gorgeous. Best wishes to you as well for a splendid holiday.

Theresa said...

Your manifesto is looking great! so inspiring!