Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 19 December 2014

Mary Ann Macdonald is finally home

I just got Mary back from the framers.  She has been gone quite a long time, but worth the wait.  Now, the decision as to where to hang her.  My guess is, I'll have to move a few samplers closer together, to get her in.


If you look closely, in the bottom right had side, you will see a needle and thread, below the pond.  Marsha mentioned the original she found  a needle and thread, when she unframed the antique.  Here is a close-up.       

 
 
Also, I received my Eleanor Parr, but can't decide if I should put down Frances Marshall.  I'll probably work hard to finish Frances, after the holidays. 
 
I am excited to work Eleanor.  I picked a 45count linen, with the antique silk conversion.  I am going to stitch the two young ladies in stem stitch.  After talking with Nicola, we both thought this would look lovely.
 
Merry Christmas
Happy Holiday
Looking forward to Our New Year Together.

7 comments:

Patricia said...

It's so beautiful. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you too.

Nicola said...

Absolutely stunning. The frame is perfect and seem to reflect parts of the movement in the design of the sampler.

Mary was on my Christmas order after falling in love with yours,

Vera said...

Love your finish Bethany. Happy Holidays to you!

Theresa said...

I am very tempted to start Eleanor Parr also! Love your Mary sampler.

Jenny said...

Your Mary is just lovely Bethany! I love the needle and thread touch! Enjoy your holidays.

Serena B said...

Very beautiful,what a gorgeous sampler!

Erica near Chicago said...

Impressive!! Very well worth the wait.