Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Margaret Randolph 1826

Greetings my sampler loving friends~



.....I am pleased to show you my latest finish~ a Philadelphia Reproduction Sampler..... Margaret Randolph 1826 was a pure joy to stitch!

First, I must thank each of you who continues to post photos and comments about your Scarlet Letter workes.... Without that inspiration, I may not have even seen Margaret; much less been inspired to stitch her......

Margaret Randolph 1826
Stitched on 40 count Antique White Zweigert linen..... I used specified silks except for the brighter turquoise.... I substituted Caribbean Sea by Gloriana to add subtle depth.....

Margaret Randolph 1826
Margaret must have loved nature..... Flowers, birds & pretty butterflies~

Margaret Randolph 1826
There is a tad bit of over 1 stitching....

Seven year old Margaret adorned her sampler with her parents initials in a beautiful center wreath.... So sweet~ When I look at some of the seven year old First Grade girls in my class, I often wonder if they would find the discipline to stitch such a design.....
Margaret Randolph 1826
A mid-size sampler~ One I encourage you to take a second look at.....

Margaret Randolph 1826
Margaret Randolph 1826~

~Happy stitching, my friends!


Faye




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad Air

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Beautifully done Faye! Congratulations on a wonderful finish! I too loved stitching her :)

Patricia said...

This is my new love you enabler you. It's a wonderful finish. Lots of Love Patti xxx

Serena B said...

Faye,beautifully done...love it! It's always a joy to see your samplers and finishes from your sewing room!

Theresa said...

Such a beautiful sampler!!!

Karoline said...

She's gorgeous, congratulations

Mary Banks said...

I am going to be a copy cat again, and use antique white and also the gloriana silk.....this meant as an absolute compliment, Faye