Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 4 May 2015

Lady and the Castle - fabric info

Hi all -

It has taken a while but I've finally finished all of the flora and fauna.


Now just lots of background to do and the lettering at the bottom.



The pattern has an outside border that you can see in a stunning version on the American Needlepoint Guild website. (click on the picture to enlarge)  Haven't decided if I'm going to do it or not. I don't see the border in the SL website picture and I very much like how that version looks framed.


I know most everyone has moved to facebook. Perhaps I might too some day. My thanks to Nicola and Jo for keeping these blogs going for now.

==========
There was a question in the comments about what fabric I'm using. This is a SL silk kit purchased in 1996 (copyright year of the pattern). The description is simply 35-count linen.

11 comments:

Margaret said...

This is just beautiful! I'm one of the few who hasn't moved to Facebook. I'm a member, but I just don't go there. I'm bad.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

There is a lot of background!
I looked at the other version with the border and I really like it. It will look good however you finish it.
The blogs will stay live for as long as Blogger exists! It's just up to people to post and comment.
I still blog more than FB myself.

Patricia said...

Stunning is what this is. LOVE IT. Patti xxx

Nupur said...

Beautiful work Erica.
Thanks for sharing.

donnacrafts said...

Just beautiful. It is very peaceful. I never noticed this sampler before. Just wonderful. SHHH I like the blog better that FB.

Theresa said...

So pretty! Looks like a lot of stitching! you did a wonderful job.

Jillio said...

Your work is beautiful!!! What type of fabric are you using? Jill

Erica near Chicago said...

Thank you everyone for your comments. You are all so very kind.
Jillio - I'm using a SL kit purchased soon after the pattern came out (late 1980's/early 1990's; I've been working on this off and on for a v-e-r-y long time). I'll check on the information tonight.

Serena B said...

Erica,beautiful stitching,love your sampler!

Karoline said...

It's looking gorgeous, great progress

Heritage Hall said...

If border done, I think the Greek
key motif would be more effective
in a deeper hue...the soft gold
seems almost lost on that background. JMPO ... Your work is so lovely. I prefer blogs over FB...