Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 9 August 2015

Bird or Bat

Had a little excitement 2 nights ago when I had what I thought was a bird in my house. I was chasing him trying to catch him mid flight with my bare hands because I didn't want my cats to harm him. It wasn't until he landed on my kitchen cabinet that I realized what he actually was. A BAT! I couldn't get anyone to help me get him out, including the police. My son went to his room and shut the door. My son is 22 and coincidently is studying to be a police officer. Kind of funny when you think about it.

After a hair raising 40 minutes I got the bat out on my own. But wait, it gets better. I just removed my second bat.

The lesson learned is this. If you ever get a bird in your house, don't try to catch it bare handed until you know for a fact that it truly is a bird. Lol

In Stitches,
Cheryl

3 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh dear, what an adventure! I will call you Ozzy Osbourne from now on!

Erica near Chicago said...

Yikes! I once had to get a bird out of the office but a few waves of a flyswatter sent it back out the door it had come in through.

normajean53 said...

Please be careful. Bats carry rabies!